Tuesday 22 July 2008

Divonne-les-Bains Markets

On Sunday we went to Divonne-les-Bains, which is just across the border in France. There are some markets there that have a great reputation, and my sister had some friends living there that we wanted to meet up with, so we had two good reasons to go.

We caught the train to Nyon and picked up a Mobility car for the short drive into France. It was incredibly easy to do so I'm sure we'll repeat the journey in future.


We spent some time wandering around the markets, checking out the smelly cheeses and fresh fish that were on offer before meeting up with Cate's friends, who lived nearby, for an excellent lunch and good company.

The return journey would have been equally smooth if it weren't for the fact that I was somewhat rushed getting out of the car, locking it with my electronic key but forgetting about the physical car key. I got all the way back to Vevey before I realised I still had it in my pocket, so spent another 2h on the train ferrying the key back to the car.

No comments: