Thursday 11 October 2007

Sweet music

The other day I cracked and bought a stereo. It wasn't as though we technically needed a stereo system, but we don't as yet have a TV and I was tempted by the Bose Accoustimass system I saw for sale second-hand from a couple in Lausanne who were leaving the country. I got it for 200chf with a Sherwood tuner amplifier, which I thought was a bit of a bargain.

What this has unlocked for us is not only the ability to play music off my laptop through iTunes and AirTunes (I got my mum to ship over my Airport Express), but also lets us tune in to BBC World Radio which has the usual thoughtful discussion oddly mixed in with local content.

In the absence of a TV this has proven to be a sanity restoring device. I've already ordered cable TV for our new apartment. Now all we need is a TV.

1 comment:

Roam2Rome said...

Uuuu, Bose is a nice system! We have one, too :)

I absolutely need music in my days, keeps my sanity :)